Sunday, February 14, 2010

I freaking loved Valentines day for once!

I used to hate this "holiday" so much. There was no day I looked forward to the least than this day. Granted, I've never had a really good V-day before in my life, so I didn't know that it could be so great, but holy hell that all changed today.
I planned out this great idea I had for Courtney, and it worked out better than I could've ever imagined. I picked her up and we went to my apartment, and I opened the door for her and the look on her face said it all. She walked in to see pink rose peddles sprinkled on the floor leading to a rose arrangement with her gifts and chocolate. I lit over 30 candles and had white stringed lights set up (it looked sooo cool) and music playing when we walked in. She looked so shocked and so happy :) It was perfect. We exchanged gifts and had an amazing night. It couldn't have been more perfect.

I used to think that this holiday was dumb because it's lame that people are only romantic one time a year it seemed, but I think that's the wrong way to look at it. I'm now looking at V-day as the one day to go overboard and way over the top for someone because you can. No one is ridiculously romantic 100% of the time, so just go for it on this day! I'm not saying only do that once a year, but when it comes around just do it anyway if you really care for someone, because it can be really really fun and amazing :) I'm a romantic anyway, so today was a good day to really let that be let out and just have a great time.

so, I no longer hate this day :) I think I could've always liked this day, but I just needed to find the right person to make it work :)

No comments: