Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kisses mean the most to me, but I guess i'm alone on this one.

Here is something that i've been thinking about for a while now. Why is something as awesome as a kiss so overlooked so often? When did the "kiss" become small news, and uninteresting. Why does nothing become big news unless it involves something more exotic? For me, the first kiss has always been one of my favorite things about being with someone. Thinking about what it might be like, and the anticipation is so great. Looking into their eyes afterward and seeing them smile as they look at you. The thoughts that follow soon after, such as "that was amazing" or "I hope they liked it as much as I did," and the "I hope I didn't suck at that." So much is felt in that one moment. A kiss is not something that I think should be so disregarded, and unemotional. Maybe i'm weird, but the next time I kiss someone, I know that I will apreciate every moment of it, and I hope that they'll feel the same way.

2 comments:

The Cynical Optimist said...

Aw. I entirely agree with you Kevin. A kiss is a precious thing and people overlook them way too much. Kisses are significant and people are always passing them off as no big deal.

Simply Valorie said...

I agree 100%! I hate how people think of kisses as nothing these days. :(