Monday, June 29, 2009

Trouble is a friend of mine.

I had to pay a huge cable/internet bill today. That was NOT cool. I hate that I still haven't found a job, stupid economy. This lack of job among other unanswered questions is going to lead to trouble for me eventually.

But anyway.

Yesterday I hung out with my family for my uncle/aunts/stepdads birthday party. (Not that they are all one person, it was a multi-party.) That was fun, and afterwards I went to Barns & Noble to do some book searching. I would up looking at philosophy books and history books mostly. I wanted to look at some plays because I wanted to find more stuff written by August Wilson, a famous African American playwright and "Angles in America," a fantastic play written by Tony Kushner. I wound up buying two books. "The Race Beat," and "FDR puts Americans to work." (I'm well aware of the fact that I like "boring" books.) "The Race Beat" is about race relations in the United states, particularly in the south from the early 1900's up to the today. It has a lot to do with the civil rights movement as well. The FDR book is pretty self explanatory. I'm looking forward to reading those. Today I hung out with my new friend Loren and her family at the park. We played hide and go seek with her little brothers, and it was fun. After that I went to her house and we played guitar and had lunch. I talked to her dad a lot, he's a really cool guy. It was nice to talk about music and school and stuff with new people who were interested. Now I guess i'm going to take a shower and see where the rest of the day takes me.

No comments: